How do I get my album reviewed?
How to get Your Album Reviewed
- Don’t ask permission.
- Send a download link, not a streaming link.
- Provide album art and band bio/press release.
- Make sure your tracks are labeled!
- Make an album trailer, EPK, or music video.
- Don’t submit your album on a weekend.
- Make an effective pitch.
- Follow up with patience and persistence.
What should I write in an album review?
Think about all aspects of the album: how it works as a whole, the individual songs, the lyrics, the artwork, the instrumentation, and its production. Set out your overall impression and go into detail on anything you find interesting (e.g., a theme running through the lyrics or a repeating melody).
Where can I send music for a review?
12 Music Review Blogs Which Accept Song Submissions
- Little Indie Blogs.
- Acid Stag.
- Indie Music Review.
- Louder Than War.
- The Word Is Bond.
- This Song Is Sick.
- A&R Factory.
How do you ask for a music review?
Be clear and concise in your pitch email. Introduce yourself, your music and tell them about your upcoming venture. Attach all the relevant press info and include links to your music and music videos. For an album review, include a private streaming and download link to the unreleased release.
Is indie A&R legit?
If you are looking for a record deal with a prominent label, this is one scam to keep an eye out for. It involves “consultants” disguised as independent A&R (artist & repertoire) pros or label-connected experts who can shop your music around to land the highest bidder.
Is there a site like Letterboxd for music?
There are some sites you can try which come close to goodread. http://Lastfm.com :: The Scrobbler (app), which helps you discover more music based on the songs you play. Discogs is mostly for audiophiles who are trying to buy and sell vinyl.
How do I write a short album review?
Tips to Writing an Album Review
- Keep It Tight.
- Focus on Structure.
- Think About Dynamics.
- Remember, Someone Had to Say It.
- Develop a Style.
- Stay Neutral.
- Think Outside the Box.
- Listen Beyond the Music.
What genre is an album review?
Composition reviews In classical music, music critics may also do reviews of compositions, even if the piece or song has never been performed and it only exists on manuscript paper in a score.
How do I become a music blogger?
- Decide on The Focus of Your Music Blog.
- Choose Your Music Niche.
- Choose Your Blogging Platform.
- Decide on Your Domain Name.
- Buy Your Domain Name and Hosting.
- Choose a Theme For Your Music Blog.
- Create Essential Pages & Logo.
- Begin Blogging.
How do I get my indie album reviewed?
So here are 10 things to consider when you’re submitting an album for review:
- Do your research.
- Don’t ask if people would like to listen to it.
- Offer a streaming link.
- Offer a streaming link.
- If you really have to offer a download link, make it light and convenient.
- Build a landing page for your album.
- Trust the soup.