How do I write an incident report at work?
- Date, time, and specific location of incident.
- Names, job titles, and department of employees involved and immediate supervisor(s)
- Names and accounts of witnesses.
- Events leading up to incident.
- Exactly what employee was doing at the moment of the accident.
How do I create an incident report template?
Incident Report Template
- Identify the type of incident and provide details of person of injury, job and hazard/incident.
- Take or attach photo evidence of incident, environment, person(s) involved.
- Gather witness statements and capture digital signature.
- Sign off with digital signature of person reporting.
How do you record and report WHS incidents?
If you are concerned about any incident, minor or significant, call us for advice on 13 10 50. If there is a serious incident – what we call a ‘notifiable incident’ – call us immediately on 13 10 50.
How do you write a safety report?
Use short words and short sentences and avoid jargon, use concrete rather than abstract terms. Try to present both sides of the case. Be succinct, busy people do not have time to write waffle that others are too busy to read. Bear in mind however your paper work needs to be detailed enough to be defensible in court.
What is a workplace accident report?
A Workplace accident report form is a formal document which is used to make a report of an accident that has happened at workplace during working hours. The work supervisor or in charge is usually responsible to fill this form.
What is a workplace incident?
Workplace incidents include both accidents and potential accidents. An accident involves personal injury to an employee, loss of production or property damage. In an accident, something goes wrong and a person is hurt, equipment is broken or workflow is interrupted.
What is an example of an incident report?
An Incident Report Must Be Accurate and Specific. When you write an incident report, you must be specific and accurate about the details, not merely descriptive. For example, instead of writing “the old patient”, it is more accurate to describe him as “the 76-year old male patient”.
What is an employee incident report?
Employee incident report is the primary benchmark for measuring the performance level of health and safety in general. This includes incidents, accidents, and near miss.