Is it safe to delete Apple Computer?
Yes, provided you don’t mind discarding any existing backups you can remove the whole folder once you’ve uninstalled iTunes. See Relocate iOS device backups for a method to move the backup data to a different drive.
How do I delete a folder on my Apple computer?
Delete iOS backups this way: iTunes>Preferences>Devices…select the backup/backups… hit delete. Do not mess with your backup folder.
Can I delete Apple Computer logs?
1 Answer. Yes, log files can be safely deleted.
What is Apple Computer MobileSync Backup?
MobileSync/Backup/ contains backups of your iOS devices, if you delete the content you lose all of your local iOS device backups. It is up to you if you need local iTunes or iCloud backups. iCloud does require an internet connection, so restoring will usually take longer. See this from Apple…
What is safe to delete from other on Mac?
How to delete Other Storage on Mac
- Remove documents from Other Storage space.
- Clean up Other space of the system and temporary files.
- Delete cache files from the Other data section.
- Remove app plugins and extensions from Other storage.
- Clear Other space of disk images and archives.
How do I permanently delete files from my Mac?
After selecting it in Finder, use either of these methods to permanently delete a file on a Mac without sending it to the Trash first:
- Hold the Option key and go to File > Delete Immediately from the menu bar.
- Press Option + Command (⌘) + Delete.
Why does my PC have an Apple folder?
Your computer saves backups made in iTunes to the Backup folder in your Users folder. The location of the Backup folder varies by operating system. Though you can copy the Backup folder, you should never move it to a different folder, external drive, or network drive.
Is it safe to delete logs on Mac?
It’s completely safe to remove application and system logs on a Mac, so you won’t be causing any damage by doing so. Your Mac will automatically recreate any log files you remove, so there’s no harm in removing them.
Where are Mac logs stored?
Find Log Files on Disk
- System Log Folder: /var/log.
- System Log: /var/log/system.
- Mac Analytics Data: /var/log/DiagnosticMessages.
- System Application Logs: /Library/Logs.
- System Reports: /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports.
- User Application Logs: ~/Library/Logs (in other words, /Users/NAME/Library/Logs)