Is there a word acception?
There is NO WORD “acception”. The answer depends on which meaning that you want. “Accept” is to receive or to take when presented. “exception” is something different from the “rule” or out of the ordinary.
What does it mean to make an acception?
: to allow a rule not to be followed She asked them to make an exception in her case.
What does you are the exception mean?
1 : someone or something that is different from others : someone or something that is not included I like all his books, with one exception. [=I like all but one of his books] The decision was supported by almost everyone, the single/sole exception being me.
How do you use acception in a sentence?
(1) I can’t make an exception for you. (2) It’s been cold, but today’s an exception. (3) Few guitarists can sing as well as they can play; Eddie, however, is an exception. (4) Most of the buildings in the town are modern, but the church is an exception.
What does no exception mean?
Definition of no exception : not different from usual Her parties are always elegant, and last night’s party was no exception.
How do you ask someone to make an exception?
Make your communications polite, direct, and succinct.
- Tell them / remind them who you are (unless you interact frequently)
- Give the context for your request.
- Ask what you need to ask or tell them what you need to tell them.
- Invite further communication or discussion if useful.
How do you use exceptions in Word?
How do you use irregular in a sentence?
Irregular in a Sentence 🔉
- We could not plan our day due to the irregular weather.
- Her skirt was cut in an irregular way, making her appear odd.
- The trains run on an irregular schedule, frustrating commuters.
- Although his heartbeat is irregular, he is healthy and robust.
What does the name acception mean?
Acceptation; the received meaning. Borrowed from Latin acceptiō, acceptiōnis (“acceptance”); synchronically analyzable as accept + -ion. Cognate with French acception . (obsolete) acceptation; the received meaning. How unique is the name Acception?
What does acception mean?
Definition of acceptation. 1 : acceptance especially : favorable reception or approval. 2 : a generally accepted meaning of a word or understanding of a concept.
What does acceptation mean?
ACCEPTATION. • ACCEPTATION (noun) The noun ACCEPTATION has 3 senses: 1. acceptance as true or valid 2. the accepted meaning of a word 3. the act of accepting with approval; favorable reception Familiarity information: ACCEPTATION used as a noun is uncommon.
What does accepting mean?
acceptance(Noun) The act of accepting; a receiving of something offered, with approbation, satisfaction, or acquiescence; especially, favorable reception; approval. the acceptance of a gift, office, doctrine, etc. acceptance(Noun) Belief in something; agreement; assent.