How do I get my kid into basketball?
7 FUN Ways for Parents to Practice and “Sneak In” Basketball Skills with their Kids
- 1) Have Contests. Have a contest with your child…
- 2) Play Simon Says with Hand Signals.
- 3) Play Puzzle Games.
- 4) Play Knockout.
- 5) Play Dribble Knockout.
- 6) Play 1 on 1 with Variations.
- 7) Play the “Count Your Passes” game.
How can I help my daughter become a better basketball player?
Here’s what you can do to help your kid play their A-Game:
- Get Better at Praising Effort.
- Encourage Internal Motivation. A study of west point cadets showed that that people are motivated by internal factors more than external ones.
- Be Specific.
- Enjoy Yourself!
- Engage in Mental Performance Coaching.
Are there any good basketball videos on YouTube?
The YouTube basketball videos highlighted here cover basketball drills, training tips, plays and strategy. There is a wealth of basketball resources on YouTube but unfortunately the quality (and number of ads) can vary significantly.
How to improve your dribbling skills in basketball?
Basketball Dribbling Drills : The Rhythm Drill in Basketball – Run time: 1:29 The rhythm drill is another video for developing eye-hand coordinating for improving your ball handling and dribbling skills. This can help in becoming more comfortable handling the ball and in keeping defenderes off balance.
Is there a free basketball lesson with Kobe Bryant?
1. A Free Lesson With Kobe Bryant – Run Time: 7:36 L.A. Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant provides a set of basketball lessons useful to players at all levels.
Is there a video of shooting a basketball in slow motion?
Shooting a Basketball in SUPER Slow Motion – Run time: 3:39 This interesting video uses a high speed camera (1,000 fps) to dramatically slow down the action of shooting a basketball. The smooth, slow footage provides a very high level of detail of both ball and body movement for shooters showing excellent form.