How do I setup a private VLAN?
- Set the VLAN ID for the primary VLAN:
- Set the interfaces and port modes:
- Set the primary VLAN to have no local switching:
- Add the trunk interfaces to the primary VLAN:
- For each secondary VLAN, configure access interfaces:
- For each community VLAN, set the primary VLAN:
How do I delete a VLAN on a Cisco 3560 switch?
Deleting a VLAN is as simple as assigning the default VLAN 1 to the ports that are part of the VLAN you want to delete, and delete the VLAN. i.e If you want to delete VLAN 192, assign VLAN 1 to the ports 3 through 6, and just delete the VLAN 192.
How many VLANs can be configured on a Catalyst switch?
Creating a VLAN A switch supports a maximum of 4096 VLANs, among which VLANs 0 and 4095 are reserved for system use, and VLAN 1 is the default VLAN.
What is the difference between VLAN and private VLAN?
A regular VLAN is a single broadcast domain, while private VLAN partitions one broadcast domain into multiple smaller broadcast subdomains.
What is the range of VLAN?
|VLAN 2-1001:||It is a normal VLAN range. You can create, edit, and delete it.|
|VLAN 1002-1005:||These ranges are CISCO defaults for token rings and FDDI. You cannot delete this VLAN.|
|VLAN 1006-4094:||It is an extended range of VLANs.|
What are operation modes of private VLANs?
An access port assigned to a private VLAN operates in one of two modes:
- Host – The port inherits its behavior from the type of private VLAN it is assigned to.
- Promiscuous – The port can communicate with any other private VLAN port in the same primary VLAN.
How do you create and delete a vlan on a Cisco Catalyst switch?
Deleting a VLAN is as simple as assigning the default VLAN 1 to the ports that are part of the VLAN you want to delete, and delete the VLAN. i.e If you want to delete VLAN 192, assign VLAN 1 to the ports 3 through 6, and just delete the VLAN 192. First, assign the default VLAN 1 to ports 3 though 6 as shown below.
How do I add a vlan to a Cisco switch?
Configuring Vlan using VLAN database mode:
- Issue the “vlan database” command at the enable prompt in order to enter the VLAN database mode.
- Issue the “vlan vlan-id> name vlan-name” command at the vlan database prompt in order to add an Ethernet VLAN and assign it a number.
How do I configure two VLANs on one port?
If you want TWO VLANs to be accessible on that port, you can configure it as a trunk and assign both VLANs to the port and the downstream device will need to be able to make use of VLAN tagging. Additionally, you can set the “native” VLAN on the port so that it will also still accept untagged traffic.