How many river cruise companies are there?
8 Main River Cruise Companies for the US Market.
Who owns River Cruises?
|Alma mater||Norwegian Institute of Technology Harvard University|
|Occupation||Founder & chairman, Viking Cruises|
Are there river cruises in Europe?
Europe’s enchanting network of rivers sweep through culture-rich cities, towns as old as time, and regions of unparalleled beauty. A river cruise in Europe provides the most captivating passage through the history of this diverse continent.
What is the longest river cruise in Europe?
AmaWaterways announced they’ve put together the longest-ever river cruise which takes guests on a tour of 14 unique countries over 46 days. AmaWaterways’ Seven River Journey Through Europe will take passengers along Europe’s most famous rivers with a special focus on history, cultural traditions, and architecture.
Which is best river cruise in Europe?
The Best European River Cruises (Video)
- Viking River Cruise in Portugal. Credit: Courtesy of Viking River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruise state room.
- Salamanca, Spain.
- Uniworld river cruise along the Danube.
- Uniworld river cruise luxury suite.
- Uniworld river cruise pool.
- Cologne, Germany.
- Crystal Cruise vista bar.
Is Viking a Norwegian company?
Viking (formerly Viking Cruises) is a cruise line providing river, ocean, and expedition cruises. Its operating headquarters are in Basel, Switzerland, and its marketing headquarters are in Los Angeles, California.
Which country is famous for river cruises?
17 of the world’s best river cruises
- Rhine: Fairytales, castles and rivers.
- Kerala Backwaters: Drift southern India in a rice barge.
- Nile: Return to Egypt.
- Danube: Waltz across Eastern Europe.
- Mekong: Wildlife and pagodas in South-East Asia.
- Amazon: Welcome to the jungle.
- Hooghly: History and tigers in India’s West Bengal.
How many days is a river cruise?
The majority of river cruises are a week long — typically taking in three countries — with some lines offering longer trips from 10 days to two weeks or more. They almost always start in fantastic cities such as Paris, Amsterdam and Budapest, and most itineraries include an overnight onboard.
Which is the best river cruise company for Europe?
Viking River Cruises. Perhaps the best known of the river cruise companies,Viking promotes their “longships,” which include large suites and inviting verandas for outdoor dining.
What to expect on an European river cruise?
Never having to pay for anything on board .
Which European river is most interesting for a river cruise?
The 5 Most Popular Rivers for European River Cruises The Rhine – if you want to see castles, the Rhine should be your river of choice. The Danube – the Danube is an equally popular river for river cruisers. The Seine – the Seine will bring you Paris, Monet’s home in Giverny, and the sorrowful beaches of Normandy.
What is the best cruise in Europe?
– Seven Seas Explorer. Regent Seven Seas Explorer debuted in 2016, making it the newest ship in the fleet. – Viking Sun. Like its four sister ships, Viking Sun – which began sailing in November 2017 – carries 930 passengers and 550 crew members. – Seabourn Odyssey. – Celebrity Reflection. – Silver Spirit. – Viking Sea. – Viking Star. – Viking Sky.