What do I do with my natural hair after washing?
Post Hair-wash Tips
- After washing your hair, most people rub their hair dry to remove excess water, or wrap a towel around the top of their head.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner or light serum to ensure your hair retains the moisture after a wash.
- Run a wide-tooth comb through your wet hair to remove tangles.
Should you wet 4c hair everyday?
Hair needs soap, and 4c hair especially needs conditioner so it doesn’t become dry and brittle (and then break off). Wetting it everyday is also a bad idea because you are removing the natural oils the hair needs to moisturize itself.
How do you dry black hair after washing it?
It’s better to use a microfibre towel and dry your hair following the direction of your hair’s cuticle. This means going down from root to tip, squeezing the hair, releasing and then starting back up at the root. Do this in 4-6 sections to absorb excess moisture and then wrap your head if you wish.
How can I make my hair smooth after shampooing?
How Can I Make My Hair Soft and Silky? 15 Tips
- Choose hair care products as per your hair type.
- Do not shampoo your hair daily.
- Always apply a conditioner.
- Oil your hair regularly.
- Use hair masks.
- Do not wash your hair with hot water.
- Rinse off the conditioner with cool water.
- Try hot oil treatments.
Should I comb my hair after washing it?
Most people assume they should comb hair after washing it, but in fact the best way to ensure tangle-free hair is to brush out knots before even getting in the shower. Thoroughly rinse and dab your hair dry with a towel, rather than rubbing as this will only force you to comb the hair again.
Should you wet 4C hair everyday?
How can I soften my 4C hair?
You can use hydrating oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, tea tree oil, or avocado oils which is good for 4C hair type. These oils add the required moistures and penetrate the hair shaft.