How do I connect to a Mac from a PC?
On the Windows computer, open File Explorer, click Network, and locate the Mac you want to connect to. Double-click the Mac, then enter the account name and password for the user account. It may take a moment for the Windows computer to show that the Mac is on the network.
How do I transfer files from a PC to a Mac on my network?
How to Share Files Between Windows and macOS
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Homegroup and Sharing options.
- Select Advanced Sharing Settings.
- Navigate to File and Printer Sharing.
- Click Turn on File and Printer Sharing.
- Save changes.
How do I connect a Mac to a Windows network?
Connect to a Windows computer by browsing
- In the Finder on your Mac, choose Go > Connect to Server, then click Browse.
- Find the computer’s name in the Shared section of the Finder sidebar, then click it to connect.
- When you locate the shared computer or server, select it, then click Connect As.
How do I add a network drive to my Mac?
From the Mac OS X Finder, hit Command+K to bring up the ‘Connect to Server’ window. Enter the path to the network drive you want to map, ie: smb://networkcomputer/networkshare and click ‘Connect’ Enter your login/password and click “OK” to mount the network drive.
How do I transfer files from Windows to Mac over wifi?
In This Article
- Connect the Mac and PC to the same network.
- Enable file sharing on the PC.
- Make the files and folders you want to transfer sharable.
- Access the shared folders from your Mac.
- Move the files.
How do I share an external hard drive from Windows to Mac?
Just plug the external drive’s USB cable into your PC and copy your files to the drive. After everything is copied, shut down Windows, unplug the hard drive’s data cable from the PC, and plug the cable into your Mac. The drive’s letter or name should appear on your Mac’s desktop.
How do I connect to a Mac server from Windows 10?
Why won’t my Mac connect to my PC?
If you can’t connect Mac and Windows computers, make sure both computers are on the same network and the network connection is working. To check your connection, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Network . Your type of network connection is listed on the left. The indicator next to it should be green.